How is it that a cold can immobilise you in a matter of hours? Thursday evening I was 100% healthy, woke up on Friday morining with a sore throat and by Saturday morning the cold had developped into something a lot nastier which meant I spent virtually all of yesterday in bed and had to call off a party which I'd been planning for the evening. I got three calls later that evening from worried rugby players that hadn't got the email explaining about the cancellation.
One of the Indian guys who lives near here came knocking as well as I was just in a dressing gown. He asked me if I wanted to play cricket which I would have loved to do if not for my state of health. There seem to be a lot of Indians here which is great. Most have PhD positions or jobs. The one who knocked at my door is working on making an intelligent text messaging algoritm for his small region language in India. I say small, but 70 million people speak this language, but that's small for india I guess.
On Friday night I was at the PhD defence party for one of the other girls at the department. The evening was a success and my script (with some changes) for her tribute play was well received. I enjoyed playing an Irish girl and went rather over the top with the Irish accent. I left for home immediately afterwards because I was feeling quite ill.
Going to see the new Charlie and the Chocolate factory film (it was only released on Friday here in Sweden) and am looking forward to it. Only hope that I won't be coughing my guts out.
No comments:
Post a Comment