Yesterday evening, I attended a "Jam Session" at mejeriet in Lund, Sweden. Nothing strange with that you may ask. The idea of the night was that anyone, could get up and play some jazz during the evening. The first four songs were played by the house band, The Christoffer Andersson Trio, who were very tight and played just the kind of jazz I like with piano, double bass and drums. Then after the fourth song up jumped two Swedish 15/16 year olds and started playing with the band. I was so impressed with the level of their guitar/double bass playing that I congratulated them in the break. It shows that Jazz is alive and well, in Sweden and Lund at least.
I also got up and sung the first verse of "Summertime" with the band's accompaniment. Fluffed up the words once or twice, but it was a good feeling and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Next time I'll go prepared with more stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment