Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Hong Kong


Local time in Hong Kong 13:12 on the 12th of Jan 2006. After flying 11 hours from London Heathrow to Hong Kong on my way to Sydney, have allowed myself a day's sightseeing in this town, full over men in suits, smartly dressed business women and high-rise buildings. The appearance of wealth in the city is obvious and the presence of homeless people at various street corners highlights the economic inbalance in the city. Arrived in at 7am and got the high speed train in to Hong Kong island where people were yet to surface and I have to place to myself. Followed a walking tour from my guide book taking me up the mountain using the fenicular (cost 30 hong kong dollars for the return). Found a walking parnter, Mark from Leeds, and we both took the time to capture the views using our digital cameras. Luckily the views got better on the return to the fenicular and we took yet more pictures. Walked to the Convention Centre and am now just sending a few emails home before catching a bite to eat on Kowloon side of the city. Good i did check my emails because got two emails from Alex in Sydney who I'd accidentally told that I'd arrive today (Thursday) when I'm actually arriving tomorrow. By some stroke of luck he wasn't there at the airport to greet me. But surely things will be fine tomorrow.

No comments: