Woke at 7:40 to find I was sharing my cubicle with three girls! Showered, cooked breakfast of poached eggs and yoghurt before packing my stuff, taking out money from the cashpoint and checking out. Left my luggage and valuables at the hostel.
Left hostel at 9 for the public baths in Budapest in order to escape the heat of the day. Arrived at the baths (Széchenyi) and paid the 2400 florint entry. Got dressed into my swimwear and entered the baths.
The first bath was freezing cold (13 degrees C), but the next one was gorgeous at 36 degrees! Explored the rest of the indoor pools before discovering the outdoor pools. I preferred the indoor pools because they were out of the sun. I tried the steam room (which was too hot) and the sauna (which was ok). After the sauna took a dip in the really cold pool which is a really strange experience.
Spent the rest of the day (until 6pm) reading my book in the shade, popping in and out of the baths (hot then cold) and taking short naps. Had something to eat at the pool (chips and bread with raw onion on it).
Got back to the hostel and went the internet for 20 minutes before eating two of my rolls that I'd made and finishing my book.
Got bus number 7 to the station and bought a bottle of wine and had a glass of beer before getting on the train to Munich (which was a little late). I shared a luxury two-bed cabin with an architecture student, Seth, from New Orleans, Louisiana, who I talked with for a couple of hours and he showed me his drawings from a long tour of Europe that he's done as a part of his architecture course.
No comments:
Post a Comment