
Woke with Riquier who drove me to Tournai and showed me his office and let me check my emails and make some calls. Drove into Tournai town centre and said hi to one of his friends from his former Lycée. Walked to the train station where I caught the train to Ghent to meet Pieter Saveyn whom I was to call on unexpectedly (see a theme here). Got a text from him once on the train with a meeting place and time. Walked to the town centre which took little more than 20 mins. Walked around the main square a little, where they were just setting up for a big festival. It started to rain and I found shelter before Pieter came by bike .
Walked to find a restaurant which Pieter normally goes to, but it was closed so we went to a Pitta restaurant and talked over lunch (which cost 9 euros). Had a Belgium beer in a small bar in the centre surrounded by canals before we parted company.
Got the tram back to the station (Gint St Pieters), bought some fair-trade chocolate and bananas from an Oxfam store near the station and got to Lille at around 4pm.
Got back to Riquier's and had a quick nap before setting off for Lille Europe where I was to meet Riquier to order tickets to Lyon at the weekend. Directly after reserving the tickets we drove to Méteren and to their farm. We had a nice dinner which Anne had cooked and during the apperatif I showed them photos of Charlotte's wedding. Emmanuel also showed us some photos from a run he'd just taken part in (very muddy).
After dinner we messed around trying to get an old washing machine to work which Riquier was to have. Later Riquier called his girlfriend, Sara, and I had fun chasing the 5 small kittens out of the house.
(Picture of Anne and Riquier Thevenin)
No comments:
Post a Comment