Thursday, February 09, 2006

26th Jan: Wellington to Nelson

Got bussed from the YHA to the ferry where I helped an elderly lady check-in and fetched assistance. The ferry was a 10-storey tall liner with an observation deck on the 10th floor.

The crossing was fairly rough but I managed to sleep through most of it. Arrived into the Charlotte sound coming into Picton which provided some pretty spectacular views.

On arrival in Picton was loaded onto the bus driven by Rachel. Stopped off for a swin in the cold, fast flowing waters just near a bridge. Spoke to a few Swedes and Danes.

In Nelson walked 50 mins to get to the beach were the last bus back left at 5:30pm. (We arrived at 5:20pm) The water there was gorgeously warm and I watched some touch rugby matches before walking back to Nelson via the supermarket where I bought mussels for supper and some food for breakfast and lunch. Watched a bad film with J Lo in before going to bed.

No comments: