THE MAGIC BUS TOUR HAD ENDED. Felt at a loose end this morning and got up early anyway although I didn't have to and got a $5 airport bus to the Antarctic Centre where I spent 2 hours wandering round reading the interesting exhibits. Also had a ride on a 'Hägglund', a swedish made all terrain vehicle used in the Antarctic.
Still was very early on arrival in Christchurch airport and had time to write some postcards and eat some canteen lunch.
Arrived in Auckland at 4pm and paid to have my luggage locked away so that I could go into Auckland with the Airport bus and have a walk around.
Once in the city, called Sam's mobile, but he had turned it off and I realised that he would have been in Wellington by then, watching the 7s rugby.
Wandered around the luxury appartments in the Wharf area of the city where the amazing late sunshine was still strong and gave some spectacular views of Auckland over the water. Watched a street entertainer swallow a steel sword before walked up Queen St to get the Airport bus back to the airport where I sat watching the last few matches of the Wellington 7s rugby on a TV in the airport resaurant lounge.
Tried to sleep on the Sky Deck of Auckland aiport with little success.
No comments:
Post a Comment