Sunday, February 12, 2006

4th Feb: Auckland to Sydney

Got up to go to the check-in at 5:30am and found that another Quantas plane had been put in place to replace the delayed LAN Chile flight on which I was meant to be travelling with. Bought a bottle of buty free wine before going to the gate where boarding had already started.

During the flight I managed to cause and accident when I opened an overhead locker and a loose bag fell on a man whose coffee went on his jeans.

Watched a funny Australian comedy show on the place called "Kath and Kim" and tried to get some sleep before arriving in Sydney.

Got the 400 bus to Alex's where he's left the key out for me in order to let myself in.

Once Alex got up, we played tennis and he gave me a walking tour of his part of campus. In the evening we went to a friend of a friend's BBQ where I cooked up some big sausages. At at 7pm we left to go to watch the Waratahs v Crusaders at Aussie stadium which was a pre-season warm up match for the super 14 rugby union series. The final score was 32 - 30 to the visiting Crusaders.

The rest of the evening was spent traipsing round Sydney in search of a good bar, but I reckon that we walked more than we actually spent in bars. Got a bus back from Museum at about 3am where Alex bumped into 3 old friends.

No comments: